A Brief History of Airey’s Farm Shop
Airey’s butchers have been in business for over 175 years, and still uses the same site as it did all those years ago. It is now run by Steven Airey and Steven’s brother Martin.
Of course there were no strict health & safety rules back in the 1830’s, and the animals used to be slaughtered on a stone slab in a shed and the meat delivered by horse and cart. Now we have an EEC standard, state of the art abattoir which was opened in June 2006 and a small farm shop.